Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Terri


Today is my sisters 51st birthday. She is in a nursing home and about 2 weeks ago she broke her femur. Terri had gone to Dallas with her friend Rita. While they were there Terri slide out of her electric wheelchair going down a steep incline at the hospital. Needless to say she is in a lot of pain. It is on her leg that has been amputated at the knee. They have taken several x-rays and there is nothing they can do. If your like me "why" can't they. Normally they immobilize your whole leg, but she only has a half leg there. Terri does really well, she never complains, she hurts really bad, but just keeps going. Happy Birthday Terri, I wish I could change it for you. These are my sisters. Diane is the the oldest on the left me in the middle and Terri on the right. Terri hair has always been dark like my mom's, me I'm the odd ball, they always told me I came from the cabbage patch. Gotta love the short dresses.

2 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

You look so like your girls as babies and Haylee too what a family legacy of beauty-- and happy birthday Terri

I have a good life said...

Wow! What a gorgeous girl you were...and just like Haylee. It is amazing. I agree with Marcia...a family legacy of beauty.