Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1

I can not believe it already April. This year seems to be flying by. I might be because I have been working nights....NOT by my choice... But that has been my different shifts since Christmas. As I reflect back on the last 10 years so much has happened. On April 1 Big Jim died from cancer. He was my mom's husband, and a really unique man. First he was about 6'6' or taller, and thin a very hard worker and very kind. He had a great style for clothes, we still laugh when we think about him in Hawaii in his sleeveless t-shirt, tube socks but the ones with the red or blue stripes at the top and jean shorts and the shoes are the best COMBAT BOOTS.. what we would do to see him like that again. He loved my mom like no one else. I know why she misses him. Rick's mom died the following year. All 4 of our kids graduated, nieces and nephews got married and had children. Rick changed jobs (2 times) which was a little more difficult. Kids left on missions, went off to college moved into a new house. I changed jobs went from answering phones (sometimes grumpy people) to working at the airport. Haylee being born, Brett and Meridith being in a car accident. Getting super sick I hope that never happens again. I really appreciate my health. Brett and Brittany getting married. Yeah Brittany(we love her) Rick being called as the Bishop (that was a surprise). Being grateful for our family. Each one of us are different. Thankfully the Lord loves us for who we are. We are so fortunate to have the gospel in our lives, the understanding that this is the Lord's plan and we need to learn as much as we can. I sure hope I am learning what I need to.

4 comments:

Britni said...

It is really nice to just look back on your life sometimes and see how blessed you really are. I know that some of things were really hard but look at how strong you are now. That's what I always think about- how the path I took in my past brought me to where I am now.

Rachel said...

Its been 10 years since Grandpa died? Wow, it seems like yesterday. But yeah it has been 10 years.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

AMEN You have been so tried in this life and so blessed that is our life here on earth. We work hard, hopefully play hard, cry hard and grow!!! oh that it were as easy as it was to write those words--- you have been the rock to so many and those things never go unnoticed esp in heaven.:)

Marbear said...

I miss you guys! How's life?