Thursday, December 18, 2008

Traveling back

We are trying to get back home. The joys of non revenue travel. Since we fly standby which is great when weather hits...its not so great. Today is one of those weather days. They are expecting ice in St Louis. After trying to get on the non stop flight to DFW we didn't make it on that flight so we were looking to find another way home. After looking we considered going to Northwest, Bentonville Arkansas but when they cancelled that flight, I thought ok lets get out of here so... we flew to Minneapolis Minnesota. Its cold here too but sleet is not expected here. So we wait. We will get on this flight unless something major happens. I know Rick needs to be back for the ward social. I want to get back so that I can leave again and go to Colorado. My niece Lizz is having a Ice Show. She is on a synchronized skating team. This would be the first time I would get to see her perform. Courtney and her husband Steve are going to meet me in Denver to attend the temple. I'm looking forward to that. The last time I went to the temple with them was when they were sealed in the Mount Timpanogos. Mary is going to pick me up in Denver. Way fun to see them again. This is been a great week. I have enjoyed the time with Rick and then getting to see all the family in CO.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh No! I hope you get home soon!!! No fun waiting around in an airport. That is definently NOT the way to end your anniversary trip! ;)
Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Hopefully weather won't delay you and you'll make the noon flight!?!
Planning on a 2pm session...assuming you do make the flight. Let us know how it goes.
Love you tons!

Cindy Killebrew said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great suprise! 30 years, Wow that is wonderful!